Known for its world-class care in comprehensive acute rehab, the Frazier Rehab Institute includes inpatient and outpatient facilities, a 135-bed hospital on the Jewish Hospital Medical Campus, an expanding system of Outpatient Rehab sites in Kentucky and southern Indiana, and a 60-bed inpatient hospital (owned in partnership with Floyd Memorial Hospital and Health Services and Clark Memorial Hospital) named Southern Indiana Rehab Hospital. Programs at acute hospitals, nursing homes and industrial sites in a two-state region are also included in the Network.
Frazier is committed to the development of programs which combine traditional rehab with innovative therapeutic techniques.
Spinal Cord Medicine
The Spinal Cord Medicine Program at Frazier Rehab Institute, located in the center of downtown Louisville Jewish Hospital Medical Campus, provides innovative, world-class treatment to those affected with spinal cord impairments resulting from trauma, disease or congenital abnormalities. Frazier Rehab Institute is the lead center for the NeuroRecovery Network and the Locomotor Training Program under the direction of Dr. Susan Harkema, Ph.D.
Frazier’s Spinal Cord Medicine Program is one of the nations leading Acute rehabilitation programs providing comprehensive treatment utilizing state-of-the-art technologies designed to maximize Functional recovery. Our multi-disciplinary, patient-centered approach to care provides individualized treatment and support to patients and their families beginning in the acute hospital setting and continuing throughout the lifespan.
The new Frazier Rehab and Neuroscience Center houses our Outpatient and Day Rehab Programs, Spinal Cord Medicine Clinics, Neuroscience Collaborative Research Center and our intensive Inpatient Acute Rehabilitation Unit, which features:
* private suites
* private bathrooms
* 42 inch plasma screen televisions
* free cable and internet access
* therapy gyms and patient rooms on the same floor, with amazing views of the city skyline
* multipurpose dining rooms for meals, educational purposes and recreational activities
Frazier Rehab Institute’s advanced spinal cord medicine inpatient and outpatient network provides the knowledge, experience and services needed to ensure successful outcomes; providing assistance and support throughout our patient’s entire life.
Take Virtual Tour
Diagnoses treated in our Spinal Cord Medicine Program include, but are not limited to:
* Traumatic & Non-Traumatic Spinal Cord Injuries
* Spina Bifida
* Multiple Sclerosis
* ALS (Lou Gehrig’s Disease)
* Polio/ Post Polio Syndrome
Spinal Cord Medicine Program Features
* NeuroRecovery Network & Locomotor training lead center, in partnership with the University of Louisville.
* Neuroscience Collaborative Center, national/international renowned research in Spinal Cord Medicine.
* Specialty spinal cord accreditation by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehab Facilities. (CARF)
* Spinal Cord Medicine Board Certified Physicians
* State-of-the-art, spinal cord medicine inpatient & outpatient rehab facilities.
* Specialized pediatric rehab facilities.
* Innovative spinal cord medicine inpatient & outpatient therapies & services.
* Spinal Cord Medicine Primary Care Clinic & Specialty Clinics
* Assistive Technologies Lab
* Wheelchair Seating & Mobility Clinic
* Aquatic Therapy
* Extensive Recreational, Wellness & Competitive Sports Programs
For more information or to refer a patient call (502) 582-7495 or 1-866-540-7719.
Frazier Rehab and Neuroscience Center
220 Abraham Flexner Way
Louisville, KY 40202